- This event has passed.
4-Ship BVR training!
2021-06-15 @ 19:30 - 23:00
Re-run of previous 4-Ship BVR training! 19:30-23:00
More info will follow…
Suitable for modules with A2A as primary function, Viper, Hornet, Tomcat etc.
Focus on Flight Leads responsibilities during the engagement:
1. Game Plan (formation, separation, sanitation)
2. Engagement Control (what happens after first crank? Abort-order to wingmen getting to close. Vector wingmen to bait or protect)
3. Weapon and fuel overview (brevity: Flight say State! 3, 4+1, fuel 6,5 = Number 3 in flight has 4 radar missile, 1 heat seeker and 6,500 lbs of fuel)
1. Fly the ordered formation and maintain correct lateral and longitudinal separation by use of reference heading, yardstick and data-link.
2. Long range (30-55 nm) FOX-3 shots using the JBAMP technique (High Speed, High Altitude, High Attitude)
3. Respect MAR, Minimum Abort Range, stay outside of 20 nm from Hostiles!
FOX-3 southern 2-ship
PITBULL northern group
(missile) TRASHED closest bandit
Say STATE (Flight Nr, Radar+Heat Seeker, Fuel + damage if any)