- This event has passed.
Cyclic Ops CASE 1 Recoveries
2022-05-13 @ 19:30 - 23:00
For our Navy pilots and RIOs, this night we’ll focus on CASE 1 recoveries. Not so much about ball flying and individual performance, but on the whole. How we work as a group when returning to the carrier, how to read what’s happening without the need to talk over the radio, and how to avoid the most common pitfalls.
CASE 1 RECOVERY EXERCISE
Required reading: CASE 1 procedures
* Before we start each round, each flight will get a stack altitude, and we will decide on a charlie time (10-15 minutes after the start of the round).
* Everyone will start airborne, approx 60 nm from the carrier.
* Get the flight organized, forming up, performing HAIL-R and checking in with Marshal and so on, following our usual CASE 1 procedures.
* Continue and perform the full CASE 1 recovery.
* Be advised that we will keep comms to an absolute minimum. No flight check-in on Tower channel. No calls except for ball calls and safety-of-flight or other really important calls.
* The goal is that the first flight should show up in the groove at Charlie time +/- 15 seconds.
* When you have landed, park in such a way that you deconflict from aircraft that trap and need to get off the runway. Use the bow of the ship (blocking cat 1), as well as the stern to the left and right of the runway (Patio, Junkyard, Elevator 3 and 4, Finger).
* When everybody is down, we’ll take a short debriefing, possibly watching the Tacview, and then restart the exercise, trying to learn from our mistakes and improve.
Adder11: 300 Creedarn
Adder12: 301 Vennyo
Beaver21: 304 Finoli
Beaver22: 305 Bouncer
Camel31: 310 Leka
Camel32: 311 Capone
Devil11: 410 Giant
Devil12: 411 Simon
Pontiac61: 100 Troll