Everyone’s welcome to this training! Note, this event will be running in the SYRIA theatre.
CAP and Bullseye Training – Host: Bankler
* It can be hard to visualize where a certain bullseye position is. It’s not used THAT often making it even harder. Hence, it can be easy to miss something relevant in a picture call. That’s why we need to practice our bullseye game.
* Datalink can fail and enemies can be out of reach for AWACS radar. So it’s important to practice radar usage, with datalink turned off.
* Each 2-ship should communicate at least 4 bullseye positions (own, other aircraft etc), and should receive at least 4 bullseye positions and react to them.
* Pilots organize into 2-ships.
* Depart north, and check in on ch 9 from where you will be directed to CAP A (ch 5) or CAP B (ch 10).
* Turn DATALINK and TACAN off.
* You will every now and then receive instructions from AWACS. BRAA calls might sometimes be used, but be advised that (for training purposes) you will often get bullseye instructions, even for things that would typically be communicated in BRAA. Examples can be: “Orbit at Bulls xxx/yy”, “Intercept bogey at Bulls xxx/yy”.
* After getting a call, you are supposed to act by making sense of where that is, and turn your nose in that direction ASAP.
* As a pilot, if there is room on the channel, you are free to push the AWACS controllers a little by sending declare requests or similar, for instance “Stingray, Adder11, declare Bulls xxx/yy” in order to keep THEM on their toes as well.
* Start RTB at 21:45 at the latest, IRL time.
* Being able to understand where (in relation to yourself) a bulls call is pointing is what we practice. So the fast you are able to react and turn your nose in that general direction, the better.
Basic crew training
4. Basic qualification training – host WeX
Module: F14A/B but others are welcome to fly along.
Prepare for a BQ-flight by going through the steps and getting a feel for what’s expected of the pilot being examined.
We will review procedures, coms, examples of technical questions, basic A2A combat, A2G profiles and aerial refueling. We will start and land at Kutaisi.
Additional Training Suggestions:
Sign up, then organize yourselves into flights to practice relevant stuff!