Everyone’s welcome to this training!
1. Hornet (Vipers welcome as well)
Hornet AAR and Combat Communication Training
* Improve section lead tanker intercept skills.
* Improve pilot aerial refueling skills (procedure, formation, comms menu fiddling).
* Improve pilot skills sharing ground target positions.
* All pilots should have performed 3 x top offs at the tanker.
* All pilots have performed 2 x bomb drops on coordinates provided by FAC-A (Forward Air Control – Airborne) pilot.
* All pilots done in 2 hours.
* Keep comms clear, to-the-point and relatively quick. Good readback.
* Attack ASAP from the provided FAH (Final Attack Heading).
* Avoid downtime. After attack, rejoin tanker asap. After AAR, check in with FAC-A asap.
* 1 x centerline tank. Appropriate ordnance for two attack runs on soft targets (trucks or similar). FL decides. Suggestions/ideas:
A) 2 x GBU-12
B) 2 x GBU-38
C) 1 x GBU-12 + 1 x GBU-38
D) 4 x Mk-20
E) 4 x Mk-82
* This is FAC-A assisted AI (Air Interdiction). Not Close Air Support. No 9-lines. You will get a coordinate and then drop on it.
* The tactical efficiency is not in the spotlight today. The communications and rapidness of execution is what we’re practicing.
* Zodiak5 will fly to and anchors above Sochi (WP4), and look for targets.
* Attack flights will rejoin with Arco5 (cg 12) and take 1000-2000 lbs per aircraft. Arco is on station 60 nm E of Sochi AO (WP4).
* When a flight is done, it checks in with Zodiak5 on 31.00 and states “ready for tasking”.
* Zodiak5 will provide the flight with a coordinate (lat long or MGRS), FAH (final attack heading) and target type.
* ALL flight members should write this position down.
* The FLIGHT LEAD does the readback.
* Zodiak5 confirms and gives attack clearance.
* All flight members attack the position in with minimal intervals.
* Back to the tanker and repeat everything up to this point one more time.
* Perform a final top off, up to 7000 lbs (if you have more already, just take a minimal amount, like 500 lbs).
* RTB to Kutaisi
Additional Training Suggestions:
Sign up, then organize yourselves into flights to practice relevant stuff!