- This event has passed.
2021-05-13 @ 19:30 - 22:30
F-16, F/A-18, F-14, Mirage, AJS-37
Tasks will be tailored depending on number of attendees, will likely include:
- F-16 – SEAD and/or CAP
- F/A-18 – SEAD and/or CAP, possibly ground attack
- F-14 – CAP
- Mirage – CAP
- AJS-37 – ground attack
After a series of escalating border clashes between Turkey and Syria the mutual defence clause of NATO has been activated. Beyond existing NATO air assets at Incirlik Air Base further assets from the UK, France and Germany has been deployed to the area. The US has also deployed a carrier air group to the Mediterranean. In a separate development Sweden has committed an attack wing to the operation after the Syrian president made highly offensive statements of a sexually explicit nature concerning the queen of Sweden.
The primary goal of the operation is to degrade Syrian military assets and operational capability along the border with Turkey. Initial operations will be aimed at:
- Establish air superiority over the AO along the border regions
- Suppress enemy air defences in the AO (mainly SA-2, SA-6, SA-8)
- Cripple enemy operational ability in the air by attacking Bassel Al Assad airbase
Intel on threats
Air: 3rd and fourth gen jets (Mig-21 and Mig-29A)
Ground: SA-2s and/or SA-6s located near airfields, AAA also expected. A limited number of more modern systems (SA-15, SA-19 expected around the military base and research facilities SSE of Aleppo. Mobile units (SA-6 and SA-8 also expected, location unknown.
- Package – Ch. 3 (Spec 3) 265
- Incirlik ground – Ch. 6
- Incirlik tower – Ch. 7
- Incirlik control – Ch. 8
- CAP – Ch.5 305
Channel Function Frequency
1 Carrier Tower 305.00
2 Carrier Tower (AI) 264.00
3 Package 265.00 (Spec 3)
4 Carrier Red Crown 256.00
5 CAP A 254.00
6 Ground 250.00
7 Tower 270.00 (Spec 1)
8 Control 257.00 (Spec 2)
9 AWACS Check In 255.00
10 CAP B 262.00
14 Navy Main Tanker (AI) 260.00
15 Carrier Approach A 263.00
16 Carrier Marshal 261.00
17 Carrier Approach B 267.00
18 AWACS (AI) 251.00
19 Carrier Overhead Tankers (AI) 253.00
20 Air Force Main Tanker (AI) 266.00
WP 1 is BE (Hatay) for all flights expect Viggens.
CAP flights: WP 2-3 CAP North; WP 4-5 CAP Mid; WP 6-7 CAP South
Incirlik active runway: 23
Mission Start Time: 0700
- Beaver2 – 0720
- Jester1 – 0720
- Fenris6 – 10 min after CAP on station
- Indy9 – 0725
Order of events:
- CAP flights take off and proceed to assigned CAP positions. When CAP flights are approaching their positions – F10 radio: Cap on station
- Gremlin 1 (2-ship Tornado IDS) are on standby and immediately takes of from Adana and proceeds to southern SEAD targets.
- 10 minutes after Cap on station is signaled Fenris departs toward target Bassel-Al-Assad airfield.
- 15-20 minutes after Cap on station Gremlin 2 and 3 departs Adana and proceeds to north and mid SEAD targets.
- CAP flights remain on station until Fenris and and Gremlin flights are enroute RTB.
Priority order for Fenris attack:
- Fuel storage northeast corner
- Supply storage southeast corner