Namn IRL: Daniel

Övningstisdag - CASE I Bolter Patterns

Inlägg av Knugen » 01 nov 2019, 13:41

Starttid / (Sluttid)
191112-1900 (-2200)
Sista tid anmälan.
191112-1800
Typ av verksamhet:
Träning, CASE I-procedurer vid Bolters / Waveoffs / Touch and go's.
Version + Moduler:
  • DCS Open Beta
  • F/A-18C, F-14
Förkunskapskrav:
Grundläggande förståelse för vad CASE I är genom att ha: Nödvändigheter: Missionfil:

This is a training event building on last weeks CASE I. The focus this time will entirely be on how a CASE 1 Bolter/Waveoff pattern is flown. Fly the CASE 1 procedures as usual but leave the hook up to simulate a bolter. Enter a bolter pattern or a spin pattern and repeat. Full-stop landings are for refuelling purposes only.

A hold-down threshold will be in use, at 6000lbs fuel. If you land with less fuel than this, you must refuel before taking off again.

Whilst Case 1 is normally flown 'Zip-Lip', this practice session will not be. Pattern calls ( e.g. In the break, abeam, ball calls) are expected. Your callsign will be your group and number (e.g. Chevy 1-2), not the tail number like in real life.

Finally, bear in mind to

Never transmit on the radio when another aircraft is on the ball,
unless required for safety of flight.

Bolter / Waveoff pattern, in short
If you bolter are are forced to wave off, there's two courses of action available depending on existing traffic in the pattern
1) Fly a bolter pattern
2) Extend upwind to rejoin the bolter pattern after a delay

The bolter pattern
After touchdown, ensure speedbrakes are retracted, maintain wings level and positive rate of climb. Once you're abeam of the bow, execute a right hand turn to parellel the BRC. Climb to 600ft and turn downwind to enter the 'abeam' position in the regular case 1 landing pattern.

Extend upwind to rejoin the bolter pattern after a delay
Identical to the above in almost all aspects. Used when there's traffic already in the pattern or just about to enter the break, where a immediate downwind turn could lead to collisions or to a too short landing interval between the other plane and yourself. Climb to 600ft and fly parallell to the BRC. Turn downwind with "proper interval", or when the preceeding aircraft are safely ahead of you.

If a flight is about to enter the initial just as another aircraft bolters, the first one to cross the bow has priority in entering the pattern. The aircraft that's last across the bow has to yield to the aircraft(s) that crossed it first. It's therefore important to clearly communicate both when you bolter (Bolter Bolter) and when you enter the break (Chevy 1 intial), as well as monitoring the frequency and listening to other flight's calls.

Enter the spin pattern

The spin pattern is used for aircraft about to enter the break but are delayed in doing so because of a full pattern (which can happen due to bolters). Used when the traffic in the landing pattern is too heavy for a delayed entry into the pattern (more than 6 aircraft in the pattern).
To perform a spin pattern, climb to 1200 ft while simultaneously executing a left hand turn remaining within 3 DME from Courage. After 270 degrees of turn descend to 800 ft and proceed inbound for a regular Case 1 break. Aircraft reentering the break from the spin pattern have priority in the break.

When entering a spin pattern, communicate this over the radio by saying "Chevy 1, spinning"

Comms:

UHF Presets
ChannelFunctionFrequency
1Courage Tower305.00
2Courage Tower, AI264.00
3Package265.00
4Courage Red crown256.00
5AWACS254.00
6Courage Airboss 250.00
7NOT IN USE270.00
8NOT IN USE257.00
9NOT IN USE255.00
10NOT IN USE262.00
11NOT IN USE259.00
12NOT IN USE268.00
13NOT IN USE269.00
14Batumi Tower260.00
15Courage Approach #1263.00
16Courage Marshal261.00
17Courage Approach #2267.00
18AWACS, AI251.00
19Navy Tankers253.00
20Airforce Tankers266.00

Internal flight communications frequencies

FlightFrequency
Chevy 1310.00
Colt 1320.00
Dodge 1330.00
Enfield 1340.00
Pontiac 1350.00

In-game time at mission start: 14:30

Courage BRC 353 (MAG HDG)
Courage ICLS: Channel 1.

Divert airfield Batumi TCN 16X (260.00) Ch 14

BINGO - 4000
HOLD-DOWN: 6000

Exit from the landing area

Once landed and come to a complete stop, taxi to the sixpac and await further taxi instructions from Courage Tower. Taxi to designated location, fill up the tank if needed and contact tower once ready to taxi to a catapult.

Översikt:
Case I departures and recoveries are utilized during daytime operations (day ops)
when weather conditions are VMC. Case I weather requires the ceiling to be no
lower than 3,000 feet and not less than 5 NM visibility.
Departure:
6. Departure Procedures
Departure procedures are predicated on case operations.
a. Case I. Case I departures are flown during day VMC conditions (WX 3,000-5 or
better). Once the aircraft clears the catapult and a positive rate of climb is
established, the pilot will execute a clearing turn, climb to 500’ and parallel base
recovery course (BRC). The Case I departure is flown at 500’ and 300 KIAS
paralleling BRC until 7 DME. When directed, or at 7 DME, the aircraft shall climb
VMC on course (Figure 2-1).
Case 1 dep.PNG

Recovery:
Overhead (Port) Holding. After the initial check in with Marshal, proceed directly
to Mother and enter overhead holding at your squadron’s holding altitude. When in
visual contact with Mother, notify Marshal with the “see you” call. Aircraft returning
for Case I recoveries must be established at their respective holding altitudes no later
than 10 NM
. Proceed to overhead holding, and enter the pattern tangentially
(Figure 2-3).

The overhead holding pattern is a left-hand pattern, with Point 1 located directly
overhead the carrier. Points 2, 3 and 4 sequentially follow in 90-degree increments
(Figure 2-4). This holding pattern is often referred to as the “stack,” and all aircraft
must remain within 5 NM and no lower than 2,000 feet AGL. While holding, the
flight will remain at max conserve fuel flow unless briefed otherwise.
Case 1 pattern.PNG
case1 overhead.PNG
FA18cCarrierCircuitNATOPSscreen.gif
1-3 Deck Layout.PNG
Practical information:

We will not be using the Red Crown / Carrier Strike functions. You will contact Marshal to have a marshal altitude assigned, regardless if you're inside our outside the CCA.

If you wish to join the holding stack directly after departure, contact Marshal once the CASE 1 departure has been completed.

Example communications:
To request marshal, the lead element will contact the marshal on the marshal frequency with call sign, position, altitude and low state

Lead: "Courage Marshal, Chevy 1, Mother's 250 for 55, Angels 12, State 4.8, requesting marshal.

In return you will be assigned an altitude for marshal, which CASE to expect & BRC :
Marshal: "Chevy 1, CASE 1, BRC is 353, proceed to angels 6. Report see me"

Note: Each flight must be at it's assigned holding altitude no later than 10 NM DME from Courage

As you make your way to your assigned altitude, report "see you" once you've got visual contact with Courage.

Lead: "Chevy 1, see you at 10"
Marshal: "Chevy 1, switch tower"

Once the entire flight is at the correct altitude in the holding stack, in a fingertip left formation, contact Tower
Lead: Tower, Chevy 1 established"

Remain at your assigned altitude until told to descend by Tower
Tower: Chevy 1, descend to angels 5"

Descent is done in the rear half of the pattern circle.

Once it's your time to leave the stack, Tower will contact you
Tower: "Chevy 1, Charlie".

At this point, leave the stack at the outermost point (Point 3 in figure 2-4). When leaving the stack, lead will contact Marshall
Lead: "Tower, Chevy 1 commencing"

At this point, the formation changes to echelon right (if in a three- or four-ship). Fly to enter the Case 1 overheard landing pattern.

Knugen
Reactions:

Re: Övningstisdag - CASE I Bolter Patterns

Inlägg av Knugen » 01 nov 2019, 13:46

Lineup:

Courage Tower:
Courage Marshal:

Chevy 1 (F/A-18C)
1. Knugen

Colt 1 (F/A-18C)

Dodge 1 (F/A-18C)

Enfield 1 (F/A-18C)

Pontiac 1 (F-14B)

Knugen
Reactions:

Re: Övningstisdag - CASE I Bolter Patterns

Inlägg av Knugen » 09 nov 2019, 10:34

Jag tycker att vi börjar bli rätt vassa på det här, så nu ökar vi svårighetsgraden och börjar bekanta oss med vind, vågor och ett hangarfartyg som inte ligger helt still i vattnet. Det kommer bli gungigt på tisdag!

Skriv svar